Brilliant British seaside town Bognor Regis has seen an increase in tourist bookings since it was revealed the new Bond film, Skyfall, is being filmed at the resort.
The town was left shaken (not stirred) when news of filming leaked out in January. After years of shoots in faraway destinations including Brazil, Cuba and Jamaica, the decision to film in Bognor was taken after the movie’s budget was cut.
You can join the ‘Q’ of holidaymakers heading to Bognor and save ‘money(penny)’ by grabbing a £20 per person holiday at Church Farm holiday park with our Daily Mail deal which launches on Saturday, 24 March.
Simply collect seven passwords that will be published in the paper until 3 April and then use them to book your stay with BreakFree Holidays.
Bognor isn’t the only British seaside town to have played a key role in a famous film – so why not take advantage of our £20pp Daily Mail promotion to see Britain’s movie set list.
Here are some more film-inspired £20pp holiday ideas for you:
- Elizabeth, starring Cate Blanchett, used Warkworth Castle in Northumberland as a double for The Tower of London. Cresswell Towers Holiday Park is just 8 miles away.
- Chatham Historic Dock in Kent was used for action sequences in the first Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr and the Golden Compass, which starred current Bond, Daniel Craig. Stay at Sheerness Holiday Park on the Isle of Sheppey, 11 miles from the Dockyard.
- Ang Lee’s film of Sense and Sensibility filmed a key wedding scene in St Mary’s Church in Berry Pomeroy, Devon. The nearby castle is one of the most haunted in Britain, home to the spooky White Lady. Waterside Holiday Park in Paignton is only five miles away.
- The classic David Lean film Great Expectations opens with Pip on St Mary’s Marshes in Kent – now a nature reserve and full of wildlife. New Beach Holiday Park in Dymchurch is only four miles along the coast.
- Dover Castle in Kent played the ominous Tower of London in two films, to Kill A King – about Cromwell during the English Civil War – and The Other Boleyn Girl, about the mistress of Henry VIII. St Margaret’s Bay Holiday Park is set by the famous White Cliffs and is only three miles from the castle.
Can you add to the list? Tell us about holiday resorts that have featured in films.