World Cup fever is about to sweep the nation with 32 countries preparing to battle it out for football’s biggest prize between 14 June and 15 July.
So why not cheer on your favourite team and join in the fun with a great value short break at a UK holiday park?
June and early July is a great time to take a break – there’s the World Cup atmosphere plus lovely warm days, long summer evenings and, of course, you beat the rush of the summer months! Most holiday parks will be showing the World Cup matches in their bars or entertainment venues, meaning that you can enjoy the full football experience within the lively atmosphere on park.
Plus, there will be plenty of football themed activities for youngsters. And if someone in your family is not so football-mad, they can sub themselves out and make the most of the indoor and outdoor pools, playgrounds and sports, or enjoy the best of the local area.
The World Cup starts on Thursday 14 June, with most matches being shown on terrestrial television during the afternoon and evening. The first match sees the hosts Russia take on Saudi Arabia, and will be shown at 4pm on ITV. From then on, coverage alternates between the BBC and ITV, with kick off times varying between 1pm and 7pm.
England’s opening fixtures:
- Game 1, versus Tunisia on Monday, 18 June at 7pm
- Game 2, versus Panama on Sunday, 24 June at 1pm
- Game 3, versus Belgium on Thursday, 28 June at 7pm
Other big games of the opening round:
- Portugal v. Spain on Friday, 15 June at 7pm
- Argentina v. Iceland on Saturday, 16 June at 2pm
- Japan v. Senegal on Sunday, 24 June at 4pm
- South Korea v. Germany on Wednesday, 27 June at 3pm
- Last 16 games take place from Saturday, 30 June to Tuesday, 3 July
- Quarter finals start on Friday, 6 July
- Semi finals are played and Tuesday, 10 July and Wednesday, 11 July
- The final – no doubt featuring England! will be played on Saturday, 15 July
3 reasons holiday parks are so much fun during the World Cup
#1 Big screen and great atmosphere
There’s nothing better than cheering on England together, the atmosphere will be fantastic. Enjoy all the goals on your parks’ big screen and then challenge the family to your own match on the open grassy areas or sports court. C’mon England!
#2 Fab food and drink offers
A round of drinks, a bite to eat – sit down and get comfy! There will be some great value food and drink deals to make sure you enjoy every minute of the game. It’s a great chance to get everyone together and have some fun.
#3 Football fever breaks for everyone
Not only will you enjoy all the fun and excitement of the football, you’ll be onto a winner with great value June breaks from £99*. Don’t forget that all the outdoor pools will be open in June too – so jump right in!